Ground Beef and Pepperoni Stromboli Recipe
Continuing in my series of Taste of Home recipes modified to create healthier versions for those who are a bit more careful about what they eat.
- 1 batch Ezekiel Style Bread Dough
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Turn dough onto floured surface. Roll dough into a 15×12-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, combine ground beef and seasonings. Layer beef mixture, pepperoni, cheese and onion on dough to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up, jelly-roll style, beginning with a long side. Tuck ends underneath; seal edges well.
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 30-35 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Originally published as Pepperoni Stromboli in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book