Ham and Cheese Pockets Recipe
Continuing in my series of Taste of Home recipes modified to create healthier versions for those who watch starchy carbs but still love a great sandwich.
- 1 batch Ezekiel Style Bread Dough
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Divide into 8 pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 6-in. circle.
- Spoon filling evenly on half of each circle; fold dough over filling and seal edges. Place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Original recipe published as Lunch-Box “Handwiches” in Taste of Home April/May 1994