Turkey Hero Sandwich Recipe
Continuing in my series of Taste of Home recipes modified to create healthier versions for those who watch their starchy carbs but love a good sandwich.
- 3 ounces Neufchatel (1/3 fat cream cheese), softened
- 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French style Ezekiel Bread, split lengthwise
- Shredded lettuce
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Spread on both cut surfaces of bread. Layer lettuce, turkey, cheese and tomatoes on bottom half of bread. Top with the other half. Cut into serving-size pieces.
Original recipe published as Turkey Hero in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar