I saw this graphic today and thought it was an interesting take on what it is like to be a writer. It’s pretty accurate!
I especially got a kick out of the “thinly veiled autobiography” because all of the thinly veiled autobiographical information I share in The Path to Freedom is the material that reviewers seem to find most unbelievable. Interesting, isn’t it?
Happy Holidays! In honor of all the upcoming holidays and the recent release of Stealing Liberties, Book#4 in the Task Force 125 series, I’m giving away FREE copies of The Path to Freedom.
If you enjoy it, please consider reading the other stories in the series or leaving a review on Goodreads or Amazon.com.
Thanks for reading!
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged a taste of liberty, amazon, free copies, goodreads, hot guys with guns, Lisa Pietsch, Romance, sarah stevens, stealing liberties, task force 125, the path to freedom
When I started writing The Path to Freedom, my motivation was a creative outlet and some good, old-fashioned escapism. I continued writing the Task Force stories because The Path to Freedom was well received but a steadily failing marriage and increasing unhappiness took their toll. Stealing Liberties is different. In a way, Sarah and I have both been transforming ourselves in parallel universes.
But now I have kids. Little ones who love hearing stories and are pretty knocked out that Mom is a published author. I’ve wondered what might motivate someone to write children’s or young adult (YA) books and now I think I know.
Every night, I make up a story for my sons. Each story is about our continuing adventures on a great ship with red sails, piloted by a tall, handsome blue-eyed captain with a shock of grey hair on an otherwise healthy head of close-cut brown hair. (Hey, I had to give myself something, right?) So we have our adventures every night and my kids love them. I think perhaps it is time I take a page from A.A. Milne and Rev. Wilbert Awdry. I may never be a household name, but there is something so rewarding about being a hero in your child’s eyes.
Beginning October 15th!
Sam Cheever is sponsoring her sixth annual Trick or Treating Bash on a street near you!
My family has a tradition of Trick-or-Drinking but that gets a little sloppy around computers.
Sam’s street is filled with some of your favorite authors and they will be waiting by the door with tricks and treats. The lucky winner gets a Halloween Bag with a ton of wonderful prizes in it:
- Engraved iPad eReader
- A beautiful engraved planner from Sam Cheever
- eBook copies of BloodWind, DarkWind and EvilWind from Charlotte Boyette Compo
- A beautiful necklace, earrings, and a mug from M.L. Guida
- A Halloween bracelet with matching earrings from Wendi Zwaduk – PLUS an extra chance to win in a contest at her house!
- Autographed promotional goodies and a scented candle from Mechele Armstrong
- Handcrafted bookmark from Savannah Chase
- Coconut M&Ms, Hello Kitty chocolate covered macadamia nuts, and a men of Hawaii calendar from Zenobia Renquist
- Signed copies of the limited edition Carina Press Editor’s Choice anthology and Mistletoe Magic plus a deck of Ellora’s Cave playing cards from Cindy Spencer Pape
- A signed paperback copy of Howl from Lisa Pietsch
- A signed copy of “Healer’s Garden” and assorted other goodies from Nina Pierce
- Signed copies of Demons are a Girl’s Best Friend and A Demon Does It Better, along with other fun goodies from Linda Wisdom
To play, visit Sam’s Halloween Contest page at www.samcheever.com from October 15th through October 31st.
Bravo, Justin Timberlake!
Way to pull the trigger!
You brought sexy back to MySpace! I love the new design. Can’t want to get in there and mix it up!